Well I got called back to the north... I had no idea that I was going
back north, and definitely was not expecting that. Ha! I thought I would
go somewhere south. But instead I'm back in a different area north. I served in
Airdrie about 3 months ago. There are some missionaries that are still
here who served when I was here. My area is Calgary 13th ward. On the
map it might be Thorncliffe AB. This area is way different than the ones
before.
![]() |
| Pig roast my first week in the 13th ward. |
This has been an interesting month. The mission is cracking
down on missionaries that are going over their allotted
kilometers for the cars. If we are over in the middle of the month,
then our car in parked and the zone leaders take the keys. So last
week and this week we are walking, since the last missionary drove a
lot because he was getting transferred. So because of him we are walking.
I’m totally fine with it because I could use the exercise. I don't mind
walking. I have been driving for about 8 months now and I have been mostly
obedient about going over. We had lots of write-offs in the past so we don't go
over 300 clicks of allotment. But when other missionaries go 600 or 2000 then
that becomes a problem. June 1st I will get my wheels back! :) haha
I got a new comp. His name is Makay Johnson. He’s been out 7 months and
he's from Ohio. I'm not training anymore, My training is done. Elder Hopoi
is still in New Brighton with his new comp. I do not know who he is. We are not
opening up a new area, but in New Brighton they will be covering a new area. They
will be covering two wards instead of one (New Brighton and McKenzie ward). So
this will be Elder Hopois 2nd purge in a row. The mission is going to close
down that townhouse, once they repaint the walls and fix it up. They are going
to get rid of it because it’s too big and too expensive for just two
missionaries.
I’m still DL. I still have the biggest district in the zone. I have some
Spanish speaking sets in my district. It’s fun to speak Spanish with them, all
the Spanish that I know, which is muy unpoco.
I know 4 missionaries in this zone because I have served around them.
I heard that you got a phone call from Calgary! Haha that's funny.
Bishop Drew is a very interesting and good bishop. He's a Personal Injury
Lawyer. I wanted to see a video of him on the court floor. That
would be cool to see. haha
We have three investigators! One is already on date for this Saturday so
hopefully it goes through, and the other one, our elders quorum ran into
looking for someone. His name is Cole and on Sunday we taught him about
who God is. He said that he can’t see there being a God because of all the
bad things that happen, and yet he can see there being a God because
there is lots of good in the world. On Wednesday we are going to teach him
about the Plan of Salvation because of the recent deaths he has had in his
family. The other investigator we found tracking. We gave her a Book of Mormon
and set a return appointment for Tuesday (tomorrow)
I have good news and bad news..
Good news is.. I have lots and lots of pictures..
Bad news is.. we email at the library and I don't trust the
computers because of the system, so once I back-up all my pictures
by putting them on a USB or a CD I will send them. All of my
pictures are on my SD card so if that's wiped out or lost or broken then
everything is gone..
Maybe by next week I will have my pictures backed up on a USB.
I love to hear of all the rain that you have been getting. I love
the rain. Hopefully it does not rain too much that it floods the basement.

No comments:
Post a Comment