This week we got a referral. I do not remember if I told you about him.
His name is MJ and his story is he has had lessons with other missionaries in
another area, he has read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, and he said that
he wanted to be baptized into our ward, which was good to hear. The only
problem is that we have tried to contact him but he is never home it seems, and
the number we have is not in service. We know where he lives
so tonight we will drop by again.
I cut my hair last week, on the day before interviews.
We had our last interviews and lunch with President. Interviews went
well, so did lunch. We got some pictures with him I will have to send bunch of
pictures sometime.
On Wednesday we went to the Subaru dealership to get a new key.
They plugged a computer into the car and programed a new key and remote
to the car, so now we do not have to worry about setting off the alarm
anytime we get into the car! haha Whoever has the old key, that key will
not work nor the remote, but they can still unlock it by the door, the
alarm goes off, and they cannot start the car. So its like a trap! haha
We taught a lesson to a recent convert, just the after
member lessons. His name is Costo. He’s from Africa. He can speak like 7
different languages. We taught him the Law of Chastity. It went
really well. They fed us that night too. African food, it was really good.
On Saturday we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. That was
fun. That night some Phillipino members in our ward fed us and the Zone
leaders. The food was the best, like always, and there was lots and lots
of it. There was:
Pancit- A rice-noodle (like anglehair) dish with some vegetables
and some meat.
Adobo- Really good chicken in some sort of sauce.
Rice- Rice is the seed of the grass species Oryza sativa or Oryza
glaberrima. As a cereal grain, it is the most widely consumed staple food for a
large part of the world's human population, especially in Asia.
Pinoy- Pork Ribs, its Really good.
Afritada- Like beef stew. Carrots, potatoes, and beef
Frog Legs- Legs of a frog.
I ate some frog legs! They were really really good! They taste just like chicken.
Try it some day. Have it for dinner tomorrow. There should not be any
complaints. haha ;)
Get a frying pan with a good amount of vegetable
oil and fry 'em. Frog leg is now the most unique food I have eaten on
the mission besides eel. I ate eel in BC. It was on sushi.
We did not meet with Cole yesterday, we will have to stop by and teach
him the first lesson.
They are going to cut our allotment of kilometers by 1/3 for the summer,
so there will be more walking, which is fine with me because our car
was parked all of last half of last month. I think I lost about 10
pounds because of all the walking. hahah
That's about all that happened last week, hope you guys have fun at
EFY.
Elder Condie
No comments:
Post a Comment