flag

flag

Friday, July 31, 2015

July 20 2015

This past week was a good one. We received some rain.  We picked up a new investigator I think it was on Tuesday, We were contacting these referrals that we got from members from zone finding in our area weeks ago. We tried contacting this referral before but we were unsuccessful, so we tried again and she was home! We told her who we were and talked about her neighbors who referred us to her. We talked about her family, which I could tell opened her door of interest. She is divorced and she has some kids and some step-kids. Asking questions! That is what opens the door in most cases. You show a interest in them and show that you care and then they will be more open.  We asked her if we could come by another time and talk about religion and about Jesus Christ. She said, “Yes that would be great, but I'm very busy so I can’t schedule a time right now.” We got her number and we will hopefully be teaching her in the near future.  

 On Wednesday we had a lesson with Rocio. She also was a referral. I think that she was taught before by some sister missionaries but they did not know the answers to the questions that she had, so they passed her off to us. When we visited her, we followed up on the assignment that we gave her to read. 2 Nephi 31 and 32. We also read Mosiah with her and talked about why little children do not need to be baptized. She is a Catholic, so that lesson did not really go anywhere. Before we left we asked her if she had any questions or if she wanted to know anything else. She said that she wants to learn more about prophets, because the Catholic Church does not have any prophets. I'm excited for that lesson. That same day we visited a less active.

 I opened my parcel Thursday morning after breakfast. Thank you again for it. I loved that "Back scratcher" that you made Dad. It lasted for about 3 minutes. Those forks are like spears and razor blades, it did not hurt too much because of all the hair on of my back. It’s like a pillow. Hahha just kidding. ;) I miss Chicken in a Bisket. They are really good.

The members who took me to Buffalo Wild Wings
Elder Maughan has some hook ups. He got ahold of some members in his last area and they came up and they took us to Buffalo Wild Wings! I did the Hot Wing Challenge! As do lots of other missionaries. They took my picture because I completed it in 3 minutes 39 seconds!! They have this wall at Buffalo Wild Wings of all of the top records of people who complete it. The record is 48 seconds. That is from a missionary too! :)  They also have a little TV with a slide show of all of those who complete it, There are lots of missionaries that have done this challenge because they show up a lot on the TV. Haha 




Then I burned my white shirt that you made. I love what you did to it. I have pictures of that, along with pictures and a video of me eating those wings! I fear that the video will be too long to send so I might have to use Google drive.



Friday we had interviews with the mission president. That was nice. We were there from 11:00 to 6:00. We were the last ones to be interviewed because we are zone leaders.  I had to inspect all of the cars in the rain and Maughan inspected all of the area books inside.

 Saturday we took a missionary’s bike in our district to get it fixed. There is a member in our ward whose name is Mark Bishop. He is like Dan Weston. Mark is a crazy avid biker. He has bikes everywhere! Nice ones too! He has a BMW Venture motorcycle. He knows a lot about bikes so that's why we went to him to have him help us. He tried patching the hole but there were too many holes and the tube was old. So we bought a new one and he put it on and we returned the bike.

 We had a lesson with a LA that we have been working with. We invited her to the baptism that we had the same night. Bishop’s son was getting baptized. We shared a Mormon message that brought tears to her eyes. The spirit was there. She even came to church the next day.


Some members in Maughan’s last area took us out to Gaucho Grill. It is a Brazilian restaurant just like the ones in SLC.

 Sounds like EFY went well. I”m glad to hear that the house is still standing.

I enjoyed hearing of your experiences Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment