flag

flag

Monday, July 6, 2015

June 23, 2915

This is transfer week. Today is our p-day. I am getting transferred again! I”m doing another one. I’m also staying in the North. My comp Elder Johnson is training. He was happy to hear that news. Today I got a new leadership assignment. I’m now Zone Leader. I kinda had a feeling that this would happen. Making my way up to the top to Assistant I guess haha!;) Just kidding.

       It was really fun to drive to the South Zone to the Willow Park Chapel to new trainers meeting and see all of the missionaries that are training. I knew lots of them. We will be going there tomorrow to pick up Johnson’s kid. He will be with us for the rest of that day.


        We got a new investigator last week. Her name is Rose. She is a referral from some missionaries in Medicine Hat. She has been going to church with a less active there and wanted to learn more. Johnson knows the less actives because he has served in that area. We have tried to contact her in the past but she has not been home and it seemed like she was avoiding us. When we were on exchanges with the zone leaders I decided that we should try and contact her one more time. Her front door was open and she was inside. We set up an appointment to meet with her. When that day came we were going to have a member come with us but his wife had to go to a meeting, and he was left with the kids. We had the lesson at his house. He lives down the road from Rose. That was nice. The lesson went really well! She accepted a baptismal invitation. She said that she would be baptized when she comes to know that these things are true. We have a lesson with her tomorrow with Johnson’s boy. We will be on a three leg that day. He will be teaching a lesson on his first day in the field! We are also going to have him put her on date for baptism next month! That will be a good first day for him.

        Johnson and I were tracting one day and we knocked on this door. They were Chinese and did not speak English every well, if at all. We told them that we have friends that are missionaries just like us that speak Mandarin and asked if they wanted them to come over some time. They said sure (probably because they did not understand us) so we gave their address to the Mandarin Missionaries. A few weeks later we get a text from the Zone Leaders that was sent to the whole zone saying that the Mandarin Missionaries got a new investigator that was a referral from 13th ward (that's us). We were really happy to hear that. We almost ordered pizza because we were so happy but it would have been too late by the time it came. And we are not supposed to order pizza on our phone.

       We did not meet with MJ or Cole last week. Cole is still doing good, and MJ canceled our apt. on Saturday.

       Yesterday after district meeting, a few of us went to this sushi place, It’s a buffet. They have lots of food like chicken, fried rice, lots of stuff. It’s really good. It’s order as you go. You look at the menu and order the food that you want. We did a challenge round. The 4 of us had to eat a clam sushi roll or fish egg sushi roll. I ate the clam one. It was okay. It was not very good, it was hard to get it down because of the texture. One of the many things I like about being a missionary is that you get a very strong stomach. You can eat anything and not get sick. haha;)  

        We have been working with a less active. His name is Tom. We have been reading the Book of Mormon with him. It’s going well.

       Also, there is a sort of less active family in the ward. They have an 8 year-old daughter. The parents are letting her choose whether or not she wants to get baptize. The dad wants her to wait a little bit and have her learn more. We have been teaching her the lessons, and they have been going well! Last night we watched the Restoration with them when I was on exchanges for the day with the Spanish missionaries.

       We have been doing some service for the neighbor of a member named Monica. She’s the one that said that she might leave her religion because the Catholics do not sent men like us out. This time we just mowed her lawn. She always gives us money for food, doesn't really take no for an answer.  

       We also helped another older lady. Her name is Monica. We saw her working in her yard one day when we were walking home, and we asked if she wanted help, and that we were missionaries and that we do free service. At first she did not believe us. We were going to help her right there and then but the battery died so we rescheduled. And that fell through because her son was there and he did everything. Last week we went by and we mowed her lawn for her. When we were done she invited us in to have some juice and watermelon. She gave us $20.00 each! I told her no, its okay but she said "NO! YOU TAKE IT, IF YOU DONT WANT IT, GIVE IT TO THE CHURCH!" in her Italian accent. It’s hard to argue with that.

I think over all Johnson and I have received about $130.00 from non-members and members. Mainly from non-members. All because of paying fast offerings.


       This is a great area. We have lots of investigators. First coming into this area I did not see any potential because I did not really want to be in this area, but I knew that I was suppose to be here. coming from the South and going back North. Now I'm staying North and I kinda wanted to go South somewhere. But it’s all good. I could do an in-zone transfer.

Now this area is like a gold mine we have like 5 investigators and like 2 potentials.



         That's about all that happened last week. Hope all of you have a good week and that the house sells.   
Elder Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment