This last week was good. Very busy. Because Elder
Johnson got a training call so we had to go to the south part of Calgary for a
trainers meeting. Then on Wednesday we had to go back to pick up his new boy.
There were a lot of missionaries from St. George, I think there were about
three. How this meeting goes is all of the new missionaries come up and bare
their testimonies and then all of the trainers come up and try to guess who
their new comp is. After that, one of the assistants goes through this stack of
envelopes with the missionaries name on them one by one. The new missionaries
have a chance to guess where they are going before hand. It’s like opening a
mission call when you go up but it’s an assignment to your first new area.
Elder Johnson gets a missionary from Iowa. His name is Elder Fuller and
he's 18 years young.
After all of the missionaries are assigned to their
new comp and new area they load their suitcases into the cars and they
experience their first day in the field, on a three leg. As soon as we got
home we got a call from the assistants asking us if we can come to the
mission office so Elder Fuller can get authorized to drive! So we unloaded the
car and headed to the office.
After that we drove to dinner, and tracted a
little bit, and then we went on splits with the ward mission to visit
some people. I was with one of the ward missionaries and Johnson and
Fuller were with another. We visited our investigators Cole and the McCormacks.
They are an older couple who have been investigating the church for a while and
coming to church, they are just need to get baptized and they thought about
that. They have an RV that they have been working on with the Trims at their
ranch. Trims use to be missionaries over all of the cars but they got released.
When we visited the McCormacks everything had gone
wrong. Bro. McCormack lost his job. They said that Trim said that they owe X
amount of dollars ($***,***) because of storage, hours, and this and this. They
said that Trim yelled at them. She said that she later called Sis.
Trim crying to her, and Sis Trim called her back crying with
her. Sis. Trim said that Bro. Trim has mood swings. I totally
believe that, working with him. There are other things too. They
told us that they will have to sell the RV and the BMW. I hope
things are working out for them.
Cole lost his job too. He said that he was doing
what he was suppose to, but one of the co workers came to him and told him
to do something for him. Cole said, “No your not my boss. I'm doing what I'm
supposed to. I'm doing what my boss told me to do. So the co worker told his
boss who was over Cole's boss. So Cole's got fired and Coles boss got
on a 2 week suspension for defending Cole.
I hope that story makes sense.
I still think the area is good and there are still
people to teach for Johnson and Fuller
Thursday came and transfers happened. I'm now
serving in the Canyon Creek Foot Hills zone. It’s just north of Calgary. My new
comp is THE ELDER MAUGHAN. The Elder Maughan that was in the MTC with me and
came out with me! It’s so nice! I was so happy!
At Transfers when Elder Smith was calling
all of the names and new comps he said Elder Maughan will be with his new
companion Elder Condie, and "Elder Condie will be new STL...
ohhh I’m so sorry. I mean Zone Leader. If there is anything I can do
you make it up to you let me know." (This was in the chapel with all
the other missionaries that were getting transferred). So I said jokingly, How
about a new truck? Elder Smith said, “I can make that happen.” And
President said behind him sitting on one of the chairs, “NOT ON MY WATCH.”
That was funny.
I don't even care about the truck. I”m
serving with Elder Maughan. We have a Chevy Cruise anyway. I’ll take that.
Being zone leader is cool. It’s fun to go to the
mission office every Friday to pick up mail for the whole zone.
We have some investigators. I have not met any of
them yet. The ward is really nice.
There is a missionary in the zone. Elder Gregory.
His uncle is Steven Sharp Nelson! I told him about Shaye and how he does
the filming for them. I will get a picture with him on Tuesday when
we go to their district meeting and I’ll have to send it.
It”s kinda nice not having to prepare something every week. We
have to prepare something every month.
This transfer is a 7 week transfer because we get a
new mission president on the 30th.


No comments:
Post a Comment