flag

flag

Friday, July 31, 2015

July 13 2015

Friday was mail day as usual. We as zone leaders went to go pick up mail at the mission office. There in the room where all the mail for the whole mission was, laid a package from all of you. I got your package that you sent! Thank you so much! I have not opened it yet. I will open it on Thursday July 16! It is really hard and is a temptation everyday to open this package. It is like a test for me to see how much will-power, patience and determination I have to wait a few days to open this package. haha :) 

 On the 16th we have dinner with some members in Elder Maughan’s last area, some members are coming to our area and they are going to take us to Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm going to do the Hot Wing Challenge. It is really popular among the missionaries, I think almost every missionary has done it. I want to do it. I will get a video and some pictures and I will have to send it.   

It’s crazy that it was about $60 to send it, but thank you for it.:)  

This week was good. We had a lesson with one of our investigators. Her name is Heidi. She is a caretaker for a lady in our ward. We taught The Plan of Salvation. That lesson went really well. During the lesson another caretaker came in. Her name is Eva. She came in and sat down and we began to teach her as well. When that happened, I could not help in my mind to think that she came in at a specific time as we were teaching this lesson. I recapped and retaught everything that we taught so far to her so she knew what we were talking about. She listened intently and showed some interest as we taught The Plan that God has for us and the purpose of life. At the end of the lesson we asked if they had any questions. Eva had one question, which is good because that showed that she was listening. She asked a question with some little knowledge about the Plan of Salvation about the three different kingdoms of glory. We answered her question and that ended the lesson because there were no more questions or concerns and we taught everything we could. The member who is in her 80s or 90s asked us if we had a place to go for lunch. We said no. So she gave us some money to go get KFC to bring it back so we all can eat. We did just that. 18-pc chicken and a side of fries. When we came back Eva was not there. The member told us that Eva said that she learned something new and she liked what she learned. So hopefully she will be there next week when we teach them.

The same day we went on splits with the Woodbine Elders because they had two lessons at the same time. I went to a lesson with Elder Corning to a LA member in their ward. We brought a member with us in their ward who use to be LA and was just returning to the church and just went through the temple again. That went really well! The first 10-15 minutes we were visiting her and getting to know her better. She works night shifts at the hospital so that is one factor why she does not come to church. She has a 21 (I think) year old son. He is also LA. The member who was with us was LA for about 38-48 years. He told her don't worry about him. He will come back, he will come back. That brought some peace and comfort to her. I shared Romans 8 last 3 or 4 verses. That went just perfect with everything. The setting, the mood, the spirit. We closed with a prayer. When we were leaving she told us,  “I'll try and make it to church, I'll try and make it to church.” Right before we walked out the door she said, “I will be there, I promise.”
Sunday comes up and at the end of the day when we call for numbers I ask Woodbine if she came to church and they said she did! So that was cool!

Every Thursday we have a meeting with the Stake President. Those are always good. Then correlation with our WML.

On Saturday we were invited to help with some service in Oakatoks for a Stampede Breakfast put on by the Stake or Branch there. That went well. Lots of people and lots of food there.


Then we did some zone finding. Had dinner and then a lesson with a part less active family.

We got a call from President Miles on Friday. He wants to be with and help teach a lesson on Monday evening (today). So we found someone in our zone to go with. I really like this new mission president.

Hope you have a wonderful time at EFY Mom and Dad. 

Keep the house clean and nice Tanner, Dallin, Caleb, and Callie and be nice to each other.         

No comments:

Post a Comment