flag

flag

Monday, July 6, 2015

June 1, 2015


Last week was good. So the funniest thing (not really funny), last night we were going to get our keys to the car back but someone broke into the Zone Leaders car last week! It was not locked. They thought they locked it, so it was a nice, clean grab. They stole $10.00 in cash, our car keys, and 6th Wards keys! But they left the web cam and the GPS.  So now our keys and 6th ward keys are gone! :( Someone in Calgary is going around looking for a Subaru!  They told us that our keys were stolen last night when I was reporting numbers.


This morning we had some service. We helped someone move at 7:00. The zone leaders were asked to help with that so they picked us up, they left the move early to go to the mission office to pick up the spare keys. So now we have keys to the car!!:) I'm like the happiest guy in all the land because we have the car back. Because it’s a spare key, there is no remote on the key to lock and unlock the car, so we have to stick the key in the door to unlock it. The problem with that is it does not turn off the alarm! Whenever we unlock the door and open it, the alarm goes off, so I have to be really fast to get in the car and turn the car on. Getting it the car today was the best feeling ever it was like Christmas!  


Some time this week we will be going to a Subaru dealership to change the ignition switch and get a new key and remote for the car, so that guy does not find the car and drive off with it. hahaha.. Until then I will not have any personal items in the car.


On Sunday we had a lesson with Cole. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. He's had lots of deaths in his family. He just got back from one funeral. His sister was beat to death by her boyfriend, is his story. After the lesson, we asked if he had any questions. His reply was, “Yeah, I have 19 years worth of questions.” We answered some of them, and we gave him a Book of Mormon. At our last visit, he said that he would say the closing prayer, and he did! That was like his first time praying and he gave a wonderful, powerful prayer. He said afterwards, “Wow that was easier than I thought.” 
He works in construction and can do anything. This Wednesday we are going to help put up some siding on a house. We asked him if he wanted to help and he said that he would.


We also helped with another move for a less active. She has cancer and she had to be out of the house in like 3 days. There was so much stuff! Like hoarding status! We were there for two days. She was really nice and really, really, really, really grateful for all of the help!


We helped in the yard for a member’s neighbor. She has three hernias and she was walking around and lifting some stuff, so we stopped her we did not let her lift any more. I thought of dad when he had one of them and how he was bedridden for weeks! haha;) She was so happy for the help we gave. She's Catholic and she told us that she might change religions because the Catholics don't send young men like us out.

So that baptism fell through...:\ Turns out she was on date before. Reminds me of my first area.


Canada Day is coming up soon, I want all of you to support Canada, so I am going to find some Canada neck ties and I'll send them down. I have one already. I think it will be really cool for everyone to wear Canadian ties to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment