flag

flag

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Jan. 15th 2015


Well this last week was kinda crazy! 

And also I'm being transferred! I'm being transferred to Calgary!
I don't know where yet but I'm going to Calgary.

 So we had Amanda on date last week but that did not happen because our bishop called president and he called us telling us not to baptize her because apparently she was not keeping the law "Sustaining and upholding the law". So President called us when we were teaching Amanda. That day we were on exchanges, I was with our DL and he interviewed her for baptism, and she passed! Everything felt right: the interview, the lessons, the baptism, and the spirit. That’s why we put her on date because it felt right. So after she had the interview and left we look at our phone and we have a missed call from president, like I said and so we called him back. He he told us that our bishop called him about Amanda and what is going on with her, and he told us that she cant be baptized on that date because she is not upholding the law because she is visiting her kids at school when she is not allowed to unless it is monitored by someone from social services. So that was way nice to get a little rebuke from President. It would have been nice to get a call from Bishop first letting us know what was going on and that he called President about this, but that did not happen. Oh well. 

Then on Sunday Bishop met with her along with someone in the ward that works with child services. I guess she thought that it was okay to see her kids in a public place without being supervised, so now she knows that and the ministry is going to give her a paper saying all the things that she can and can not do. And Bishop set her on date for baptism on the 24th, so that gives her two weeks to prove that she can obey that. Bishop also called President to give him an update about that, just so he knows. That night when we were at a members house eating dinner and President called us again. After dinner we called him back and he told us what Bishop told him and everything was all good and so now all she has to do is wait till then. And she wanted me to baptize her but I will not be there because I will be in Calgary. 

I do not remember if I told you that her kids got taken away because her husband was not allowed in the house or around the kids when they moved from Vancouver, by court order. She sorta let him stay on the day came when the RCMP or Social Worker saw him take the kids to school, so they took them away. Now the husband is out of the picture and Amanda just filed a restraining order on him (its about time because he has been verbally and physically abusive to the kids and Amanda) So he is out of the picture and Amanda is working on getting her kids back and she is going to get them soon. 

There has been a HUGE difference in her, because the gospel has changed her and has brought her family and extended family closer together. And her sister is taking the discussions by the missionaries in Cranbrook. A lot of things have happened. They are all good things too! 

That is about all that happened last week. I am in Creston right now with our district so soon we will be driving back to Trail and I will be packing tonight and in the morning and then I will say some good byes and then we will be driving to Cranbrook to the ZLs pad.  That next morning we will drive to Lethbridge to the transfer station (Stake Center) and then I will be getting on a bus with my luggage and the other missionaries and then the drive to Calgary. There I will meet my new comp and then we will go from there. 

Did Dad and Tanner have time to read that talk that I sent? 



Thank you for all of the things you guys do. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment