flag

flag

Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 14

First full week in Claresholm! It was really good. Everything is so spread out! We taught a bunch of lessons and picked up two new investigators, one of them was from tracting. We knocked on a few doors before we did some service for a member, and knocked on this guy’s door, who’s name is Darcy. We talked to him on the door for about 10 minutes about the Book of Mormon, prophets, and the Bible, told him that we did not have much time, asked if we can come back next week and we can talk more. He said okay. So kinda flaky, but we will see how it goes. 

We have been teaching Grant, he has been taught for a while. He has been put on date, but talked himself out of it. There are some things that are going on in his life that are kinda hard. We asked him if he would want another Priesthood Blessing.  We gave him one at Bishop’s house. He and his wife whom we have not taught were there for supper. We already had a supper. After our super, we went to bishop’s house and Grant and his wife were already there. We talked for a long time about the Book of Mormon, priesthood, and answered questions and concerns about things that are going on in his life, and gave him a Priesthood Blessing. That was really neat. He and his wife had watery eyes. The Spirit was really strong there.  His wife is Catholic, but she says that she will support her husband whatever they decide to do. They want to be a family of one faith. They both came to church on Sunday for all three hours! 

We also had another investigator come to church. She has been taught just about everything. It was starting to get hard on what to teach because she has been taught everything and she had not come to church. We met with her and she said that she would come. 

We cover two wards, but President told us to focus on one ward because the other ward is too far away, so we go out there once every other week or so. We are going out there this week, and we are speaking in Church this Sunday so that is something to look forward to. We are going to meet with the bishop out there and go through the ward list and find all of the less active and part member families. We did that in this ward with Bishop. We only had time to go through part of the list. We got the "H"s and there are 59 Part Member and Less Active families. So we have our work cut out for us. 
Description: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

So I have been reading the Book of Mormon with the whole mission. We started on Christmas. We will end on Easter. We are highlighting every time the Book of Mormon makes reference to Jesus Christ. I am really surprised how much the book testifies of Jesus Christ. Every page talks about him. Every page except for the war chapters. That’s something that you should do as a family is to get one of the books the we hand out as missionaries and read it as a family and mark each time it makes reference to God, Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost.  It’s really cool. 

I’m in 3 Nephi right now so you have some catching up to do. 
Message to Dad Mar. 7
Where were you serving at 20 months? What were some things that were going through your head? 

Dad’s answer:

I served my last area in Little Rock, the big city life. 

Things that where going through my head:

1) I put on some after-burners and wanted to make sure I worked super hard. I may say I probably worked harder then I ever did. 
2) A drive to keep the rules with exactness. 
3) Little nervous of what’s to come after the mission life, but at the same time excited for the normal life.  
4) Wondering if the Lord was pleased with me in my 2 year journey.
5) Tired and wanted nothing more then to end with a baptism, watch never happened. 
6) Wished I was not a zone leader and training someone. (Looks like you kinda have a greeny) 
7) Ready for the small town life style and not the big city life.
8) You start looking at things differently. Not sure if I can explain it. 
9) Wanted to gain a stronger testimony of my Savior.  
10) Just felt like aaaaaaaahhh!! 

What are some of the things going through your head?


Elder Condie’s response:

       You know, those are the exact same things that are going through my head as well. One thing that President has said during my interview was to "Renew" yourself. Pray to the Lord and say that you want to renew yourself and continue to work hard. 

Keeping all of the rules is very important as well. I have done pretty swell with that. 

I’m the same… nervous and excited for the normal life, school and college. 

One of the things that I want the Lord to say when I’m done with the mission is “Well done my good, and faithful servant. Thou hast been faithful over a few things. I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” Just like the parable of the talents. I think that would be cool. 

I’m not Zone Leader and I don’t think that I will be again. President is having lots of young missionaries become Zone Leaders. I would have liked to do one more transfer as a Zone Leader and spend the last two as a normal missionary, but I’m a District Leader right now, and I enjoy it. Not as many executive things to do, and drama and other things that happen in the zone.   

I liked it in the city. I was there for a while. I really like the small town life now. You see many of the same people everyday, if I can learn their name and remember it that would help. haha

I can kinda see where you’re coming from on 8 and also 9 and 10. 


Time flies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment