We had a busy week. Before it
started, I was looking forward for it to be over because of all the things that
were going to happen.
We had three exchanges that we had
planned and we went to Banff! It was my last time at Banff. We are only allowed
to go once a year, and this is my last year here. I was glad that I could
go.
On Monday to Tuesday night we started
our exchange. It was good. We visited some less actives. We taught a lesson to
a member and asked for a referral. She gave us someone, her neighbor, and she
took us right then to introduce us to her. She was not interested. The whole
exchange went great, we got them done before transfers. This week is transfers.
I think that I might be transferred. I have been in this area for 6 months now.
6 months is a long time for any area. You know that you have been here for a
long time when members in another ward come up to you and say that you have
been here for a long time. So we will have to see.
Wednesday we went to Banff. I will
send pictures. It may all look the same from last year when I went, but there
is snow in these ones.
We went on exchanges with the other
district leader. That was really good. Our dinner appointment on Thursday night
brought a friend who is not a member and is interested in the Church. We were
able to teach her about the Book of Mormon and the restoration. The spirit was
there. The members did a wonderful job teaching too and sharing personal
experiences. She is going to be taught some more lessons. She lives in Airdrie
so we will have to pass her off to the missionaries up there.
On Friday we picked up 2 new
investigators,
We were going to contact a less
active member. The house right next to her had two dogs in the fenced yard. When
the dogs saw us they ran to the fence barking, they said come pet me, so we pet
them. The owner sees us and comes out, and we start talking, and talking. We
talked about the dogs. Dad you would have loved the dogs. One of them was a
German shepherd and husky mix. The other one was wolf mixed with
something. We also talked about the neighborhood and other things for
about an hour and a half. We missed our appointment with a less active at 2:00 because
we were talking for so long. She said before her dad died he had some elders
come over. Her 7 or 8 year old daughter was running in and out of the yard and
in the car that was parked in front of the house. Before we left she asked her
daughter if they should start taking the lessons. “Should we give it a try?”
she asked. Daughter says “I don’t know,” just being shy. But we set up an
appointment with them for this week. That was really cool!
On Saturday we were on exchanges with
the APs. we were on exchanges for like 4 hours because they had stuff going on
during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment