Aug.
17, 2015
This
was a really busy week! We did not teach much because last week was transfer
week. So it was a week filled with packing, saying good-bye, going to new
trainers meetings, and transfers. Elder Maughan is out in Lethbrigde
East. My new comp is Elder Gregory! He was serving as a District
Leader in Okotoks, which is in our zone, so I guess now
I’m "training" him to be a zone leader. His uncle is
Stephan Sharp Nelson! So that is way cool. I told him about Shaye so
maybe I will be able to get some VIP back stage passes! haha
So
other then the packing and the transfers we had a zone goal setting. One of the
goals that Elder Gregory and I decided was to hand out 10 Mormon.org card per
companionship outside of normal finding and get 4 return appointments from that
(which can possibly become new investigators because all you have to
do is share a gospel principal and get a set return appointment for them
to count as a new investigator). So at the end of the month we will have passed
out 1650 or more cards and 37 or more return appointments or new investigators.
The zone was excited for this and they are already going hard. There
have been 6 copies of the Book of Mormon and like 6 return
appointments and like 50 cards. So things are picking up!
We
have a whole new zone. It’s big! Half of them are training! It’s a lot better
than last transfer because there were missionaries that had a bad attitude and
did not care any more because they were going home! So I’m glad that we
have lots of new missionaries.
It
has been raining lots here. I call it "Walk & Get Wet August"
instead of Walk n' Talk! ahhaha just kidding:) but it has been raining a lot.
We were only able to teach one person last week. That was Rocio. Her first
language is Spanish but she speaks English really well. We brought some members
with us from the ward that speak Spanish. That went really well. They spoke
Spanish to each other and had a conversation for about 10 minutes, we just sat
there listening. The spirit was there. Even though I do not speak Spanish I
could tell what they were talking about. We talked about the Book of Mormon and
the importance of it. That lesson went good. We will have another lesson with
her on the 30th.
Love
you guys
No comments:
Post a Comment