flag

flag

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Call

I have kept a record in my journal of the events leading up to Jaden's mission.  I will only share a few highlights as this blog will also serve as sort of a mission scrapbook for Jaden.

THE CALL....

Jaden's mission call arrived March 26th, 2014.  I had been checking the mailbox almost daily (unbeknownst to Jaden) and on this particular day, as I was rushing off to work, I quickly opened the mailbox and saw a large white envelope with the church logo.  A thrill went through me.  It was such a beautiful sight!  I had a smile glued on my face the whole way to work.

After I texted Todd, he made sure he was home before Jaden in order to hide and film Jaden checking the mailbox.  To his disappointment, Jaden came home from school and walked right past the mailbox. But when he walked in the house and saw me, he had a knowing smile on his face and walked over to me, then gave me a hug.  He said he had received an impression during his 2nd hour class that his mission call had arrived.

Jaden chose to open his call that evening with friends and family via iphone.  He was so cute and was nervous and shaking.  As soon as he said Canada I KNEW it was where Heavenly Father wanted him.  It was an undoubtable feeling.  Jaden said he felt the same way.  We saw a change in his countenance from that moment on.  Even Callie noticed this over the next few days and said, "I like how Jaden is now."





No comments:

Post a Comment