Greetings!
It
is hard to believe that it is May. May is one of my favorite months because its
spring, the weather is nice, and also because May is the easiest month to
spell! ;) And Mothers Day is this Sunday! We will be Skype-ing on
Sunday at the members we live with. They have Skype so this time we will
give Skype a go, instead of Facetime. Also their internet is pretty good so I
will be able to see all of your smiling face. You may, however, not be able to
see mine because of the server.... Naaa I’m just kidding. Everything
should work out. We have church at 09:30 so expect a call at
abouts 14:00. I really, really am looking froward to seeing all of you! If
more family is able to be there then the better. This is my last time calling
home! I think that is crazy to think about, because I will see all of
you 2 months later.
So
last week I got my trunky call from the mission office. That was weird. They
asked me what airport I want to fly to. I told them to fly me to Hawaii and then
to Florida and then Salt Lake City. They thought that was funny and that
it
most likely will not happen. So they are going to send me to SLC. They also
asked who my stake president was, I did not know so I had them call you. What
number did they call? I thought it would be funny to have an Alberta number
call home like it surprised you when Bishop Galbrath called last year.
This
week we were able to help with some service for a non-member. We helped her
move. We provided the manpower, and the truck and the trailer. We got there
before all of that and we sat and visited for a while. I asked her what she was
doing tomorrow at 9:30 (this being Saturday) she
replied, “Nothing. Why?” I told her that she should come to church with us. She
said that was a good idea,
and
that she would come... Next day Sacrament starts and she does not show up, for
the whole time. I will give her the benefit of a doubt that she was too tired
because of the move..... The member that we live with works at the
hospital. She says that she knows her and that she is a regular at the hospital.
I guess I'm not the only crazy one in Claresholm.. haha
We
also helped lay sod. That’s fun. It is also an art. The members we helped lay
sod have 2 German shepherd’s. They love me! One of them is about to have
puppies. I will be bringing one of them home with me as a Canadian present for
Harvey.
We
had a lesson with Todd & Candence... they basically dropped us. They are
happy where they are, and a living prophet is kind of a struggle for them. But
Todd has expressed that he wants to quit smoking. We have just the thing for
that: The 15 step stop smoking program. He said that he is willing to give it a
try. We will be meeting with him on Wednesday. Tanner, this smoking
program will be a huge help for you on your mission. I’m sure your mission
already has it but I will give you a copy anyways.
We
met with Grant last week. He is doing well. We were not able to meet with
Donna. We called her but she was not home. We will call again...
Yesterday
I got a taste of what you, Mom and Dad will be going through when you teach
primary. We were asked to teach the 7 year olds. All I’m going to say is that I’m
glad that my investigators do not act like they do.
Well,
I'll see you on Sunday!
Love
you all
No comments:
Post a Comment