flag

flag

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Letter from Mom March 29/30 2015

Letter from Mom March 29, 2015

Hi Darling!
We are on Spring Break so no school or work this week.  We started it off with Callie's Baptism.  It was wonderful.  Callie was missing you, but she was SO EXCITED!  When I asked her what it was about baptism that made her so excited, she said, "To feel clean, and to feel the gospel."  When I thought about how the gospel IS Jesus Christ, I realized how perfect yet simple her answer was.  Isn't that what we all want?  To feel clean, and to feel the love, teachings, and atonement of Jesus Christ? 

Dallin gave a talk on baptism.  He did such a great job.  He wrote the whole thing himself and said he wanted you to be a part of it so he told about Amanda and how she wrote to us saying how you changed her life, and how her baptism was the best day of her life, and how she can never thank you enough for what you have given her and her family!

After the baptism, we all went to Golden Corral (Callie's choice).  We took Josh with us, (he took you sky diving) he has become rather close to our family.  He was a witness for Callie's baptism.

Guess what?? Grandpa and Grandma Condie put in mission papers!  They have a strong feeling they will be called to Tonga.  They were told missionaries are needed there. So we have three farewells to attend this summer...all in St. George.

Hey Baby, will you PLEASE send good pictures?  I mean, the meat looked yummy and everything but I want to see YOU!  Whatever you want to take pictures of, have your companion take them so that YOU are in the pictures!

I'm so glad you have a great ward mission leader and helpful members there.  I hope and pray that you find those souls who are hungry for your message.  We invited the missionaries over to teach Callie lesson 5 like you suggested, but they had to cancel last minute.  

Callie bore her testimony for the first time today in sacrament meeting.  It was sweet.  By-the-way, I need to bear my testimony to you more often.  I bore testimony at Callie's baptism and told each of the kids that I don't ever want them to be in doubt as to what their mother believes, so I want to testify to you as well, that I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of us all.  I am weak by myself, but with His help, I am strong. I know this is His church.  I know if we follow His example we will obtain true lasting joy! That is what He wants for all of us, and He sacrificed all that we might have it.  Because of that, we too are expected to sacrifice everything.  Even our own will.  I love Him, and want more than anything to please Him!

I am so pleased that you are sacrificing everything else in your life right now to serve Him.  I KNOW you are where He wants you to be...Serving your fellowman, dedicating every waking hour to help build the kingdom.  I hope you will dedicate your whole life to building the kingdom, which is His church.

I love you SO MUCH!!! I can't even express my love for you!


Mom




Jaden letter March 30 

This week was good. We did some service on Saturday in the rain! So I got kinda wet. There was this retaining wall of allan bricks that we took apart and put them on pallets. We took them down because last year they fell over because of the snow. It snows and than melts and freezes and snows and melts and freezes so very slowly, the bricks were being pushed away.  


This was next door to our WMLs house and the guy is from japan and he’s a chef. He’s competed on Iron Chef America and won. He was on a show like Iron Chef in Alberta so after we help him he feeds us this feast! He cooks us these burgers that were so good, probably one of the best ones that I've had. His wife works with a lot of Mormons and goes to SLC frequently, and he does not know a lot about religion. So hopefully down the road we can pick them as investigators. His name is Hayato. He’s a cool guy and he was very very grateful for our help.   


We had our house inspected last week. It was a follow-up inspection because we failed last time. We got a 6, but it was not our fault because the last missionaries did not keep the place clean. So we had the follow up inspection and we got an 8.5! That was really nice! 


We also had to get our oil changed so went to do that.


This is a really slow area. But we have like 11 potential investigators, so this week I want to knock on their doors and either pick them up or keep them as potentials for the next missionaries that come in.


Transfers are next week which is good because there is a good chance that I will be able to serve around some missionaries that I served around before in Trail. 


Last week we were able to teach some lessons to members and that went really good and its good practice for the both of us.   


Some cool things that happened… there is a less active family-part member family in our ward. The husband is the member. He has a brother that is serving a mission,. His dad died over a year ago and he has taken his own path from there. When we first knocked on his door he said that he does not like to be harassed and does not like to have people knocking on his door all the time "that just brings us further away from the church" he says. His wife is not a member and she just had a baby, so our ward jumped onto this opportunity and they have been bringing her dinners and she has accepted visiting teachers and she is not even a member! So that is really cool. This is what is going to bring them to and back to church I think. 


Callie I saw your baptism pictures! That’s awesome! You’re all grown up. It’s crazy!

Now that you are baptized you have the gift of the Holy Ghost. Having the gift of the Holy Ghost is one of the best gifts you can ever get! The Holy Ghost will be your constant guide and He will help you chose the right and keep you safe. The Holy Ghost does not speak in loud and tremulous voices, but He speaks in still, small, and quiet voices. Make sure that you are always are listening and that you are always choosing the right.   

No comments:

Post a Comment