HAPPY
CANADIAN THANKSGIVING YESTERDAY!!!! It was so so weird to have
Thanksgiving in October when Halloween is! But it was a good
thanksgiving. A member fed us; Canadian Turkey, Canadian Corn, Canadian
Mashed Potatoes, Canadian Gravy, Canadian Stuffing, and Canadian Pumpkin Pie!
It was so good, especially the Canadian part! They are also
going to invite us over for American Thanksgiving!
One of the
members in the Bishopric in the ward is an ex-RCMP officer (Royal Canadian
Mounted Police) and had us over at his house and he let us wear his uniform! I
have to be honest I look good in it! ahah;) I look like I could be a cop! I
will send the picture to you and mom can you edit and enhance them to make them
look better and then send them back? And please do not send those pictures to
family or anyone yet. Thanks! That will be awesome! Can you send me Grams
address because for Christmas I will be sending a little bit of
something to you and Grandma, and Gram. It will be that picture. One of the
members does this every year for missionaries. She asks for a picture and makes
it all nice on a slab of tile and makes that all nice and she crosses the line
(border) and sends it off to the addresses that I give her. So if you can give
me that address that will be great. Or unless Grandma and Gram are coming over
for Christmas then I will have it sent to home. So if you can let me know about
that then that will be great! :) Thanks
So this week
is transfers! Thats why Im emailing today. Guess where I got transferred?!!?......................................................................................................................................................................................................I
got transferred NOWHERE! I am staying in Trail! And so is Lybe. That
means that I will be here in Trail for more than 6 months. That is 25% of my
mission which is so CRAZY!
I will not
be seeing Meet the Mormons! :( because it only comes out in the states and not
Canada! If it comes out of DVD I bet that somehow we will be able to get our
hands on it.
Last week I
taught the 1st lesson to that family that I talked about last week and it went
so good! The spirit was there! The wife was born JW. She does not agree with them.
And the husband has no religion. There are some relationship problems
going on. If he was to make that change and other changes and want to be baptized
then President will have to come interview him because of
past transgressions. It was so crazy because the
wife completely opened up and told us everything that he
has done and all of the problems that are going on. She trusted us right then
and there.
Yesterday
for Pday we went on a hike to Gimili Peak as a district. That was so fun! I
will send some pictures. We had no service, so when we got out of the
canyon our phone went CRAZY!! We have 20 text messages. most of them were from
that family, the wife saying that she has given up on her husband. She want
to divorce he wont leave. She lives upstairs and never goes down and he
swears at the kids and is going crazy. So yeah... This is how my first
family investigators are like haha. 95% of the time its not like
that.. I know that the gospel will change their lives but it
will take time. And satan is already doing what he does with that
family. We are not going to give up. she said that she still wants
the gospel for her and her kids. We are going to meet with them
today.
Also dad
thank you for sending that GPS. I have it right now and it works great! We used
it yesterday to find the hike.
Thank you
for all that you do and for all of your support.
Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment