flag

flag

Monday, August 4, 2014

Jaden's First Letter From Canada


August 4 2014                                   
Hello everyone!                                                                                           



So I’ll start from the beginning.  I woke up from the MTC at like 1:45 in the morning. I got like 35 minutes of sleep that night.  All the people going to Calgary met at the spot on campus.  We waited for a while and then got on the big bus. The bus took us to the airport in SLC.  I went through the airport security and they scanned my big bag. They took it off and put it on a table and opened it up. I saw this happen by the way! They took out the Jesus the Christ book and all of those books were still in the package. Anyway they took that out, brushed it off as if there was something on it, and they put it back in with this little paper and sent it off to the plane! haha so then I went through airport security, got through that with no troubles. Then we got on the plane that flew to Denver. Then we had like 30 minutes to kill. That was when i called home!:) Then they called my flight. I got on the plane. I slept most of the time on both flights. When we landed in Calgary we had to go through customs and immigration. (so you give them your passport stand and wait there and they print off a paper and staple it into your passport). then I went to find my bags. I sat there with the other missionaries and waited for the other missionaries. Then we all went out and saw the mission president and his assistants eh. So after that we went through all of our bags in to the trailer and headed off to the mission home. We get to the mission home, have lunch and some training and then some free time. I took a nap haha. Then we had dinner and then some more training. All the new missionaries spent the night at this hotel eh. The president bought a bunch of rooms for each companionship. Morning comes we eat breakfast and then they take us to the mission home. We had more training, then we hopped v on a bus that took us to this church for zone transfers. That's where I find out my new companion and my 1st area. My new companion is Elder Josh Lybe. He’s super cool and a good trainer. Before I tell y'all my first area, have everyone guess................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................so my first area is.....!!!! British Columbia Trail/Castlegard!!!! So it has nice mountains everywhere and it is the farthest place you can get in Alberta. We have a car. Its nice but we are getting a new one soon. Its an SUV. Haha. Anyway we have a baptism coming up this Saturday! I have only been to one lesson so far. Her name is Nina. She referred herself on mormon.org. but one bad thing is that she is having some discussions with Jehovah's Whiteness but she still wants to be baptized. Anyways things are going good good. We are fed like every night. Ill send some pictures some time this week. Did you all get the shirts? Sorry there was not one for every one. The MTC did not have enough eh. Love you all. Ill prob. send another email tomorrow because its zone p day so we drove a long time to get here so we kinda have 2 p days! Haha. Also I saw another Elder Condie and Sister Condie eh!!!!! That was so cool. Ill send the pictures! Love you all. Elder Condie
Elder Condie, Elder Condie, and Sister Condie.....Same mission!
    
Elder Condie's first area, Castlegar- (photo from www-hellobc.com)

First companion/trainer in Canada Elder Lybe in British Columbia

No comments:

Post a Comment